Ron Garber has over thirty-three years of experience in construction law, litigation and government contracts.
In construction law, Ron has represented general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and manufacturers from the pre-bid stage through the completion of the project and resolution of disputes. In litigation, Ron has represented clients in federal and state courts and in mediations, arbitrations and administrative appeals. During his many years of experience in the government contract area, Ron has represented clients in bid protests, bond claims, claims for equitable adjustments and appeals of decisions of contracting officers, and he has assisted clients in complying with various federal regulations. Over his thirty-three years of experience, he has handled matters ranging from a few thousand dollars to complex matters involving millions of dollars and has represented companies ranging from small businesses to large corporations.
Ron’s legal services for his clients include:
- Negotiating and drafting contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders;
- Providing advice during the project to minimize and resolve disputes and to protect contract rights;
- Pursuing, defending and resolving bond and lien claims;
- Pursuing, defending and resolving construction claims, including claims for delay, acceleration, loss of productivity, differing site conditions; change orders, extra work, termination for default and convenience, payment issues, construction defects and other contract and project disputes;
- Representing and pursuing bid protests;
- repairing teaming agreements, joint venture agreements and escrow agreements;
- Counseling clients regarding meeting federal regulations for Women Owned Small Businesses, 8(a) Contractors, and the SBA Mentor/Protégé Program;
- Preparing and presenting claims for equitable adjustment;
- Representing clients before administrative boards; and
- Representing clients in mediations, arbitrations and court actions
Ron has been selected as a Georgia Super Lawyer and as one of the Best Lawyers in America for Georgia for 2011 and several previous years. He graduated from the University of Georgia with an A.B. Degree in 1971 and received his J.D. degree from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1974.